A bit about Intersog
Intersog® is a Chicago-based provider of software engineering, custom development, and IT consulting solutions. We help companies address IT talent by building dedicated software development teams either locally in the USA / Canada / Mexico or in our R&D centers in Ukraine.
A bit about the project/client
We are seeking a talented .Net C# Senior Software Engineer. This role involves implementing the next generation of enterprise software products and company-wide APIs, working closely with the Director of Systems, stakeholders, business analysts, and developers – someone with a passion for what they do and a vision for the future.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write effective and scalable code
- Design, modify, develop, and unit test software applications and components
- Provide user support for developed software applications and components
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring for Junior Developers
- Assist in team development efforts towards successful software delivery
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team
- Maintain high standards in security best practices and privacy in software solutions
- Assist with technical requirements and development of user stories particularly in non-product owned areas like technical debt, architecture, data modeling, etc.
- Participate in peer-reviews of design, architecture, and code of software solutions
- Support deployment and release planning
- Analyze and resolve technical and software application problems
- Participate in urgent support issues escalated to engineering
- Strive for continuous improvement and assess opportunities for application and process improvement in all areas of software engineering
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with web-based software products.
- Required Technical Skills: C#, .Net, SQL, Entity Framework, LINQ, Continuous Integration, Unit Tests, UI Tests, Desktop Applications, Web Services, API programming
- Strong understanding of agile practices and software development life cycle.
- Comprehensive object-oriented understanding and software development skills.
- Strong understanding of various data storage solutions; SQL Server preferred.
- Solid understanding of API and microservice architecture design and development.
- Solid understanding of cloud architecture and cloud services.
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise-grade software.
- Experience with source code control management systems; Git preferred.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience performing code reviews.
- Experience debugging, performance profiling, and optimization.
- The ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team, giving and taking feedback to improve the product and work output.
- Ability to take guidance and direction from team lead, and team and product management.
- Strong organizational, administration, presentation, project management, and communication skills (both verbal and written) with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, integrity, and ethical practice.
- Ability to meet goals of software engineering leadership and the organization.