Intersog® is a Chicago-based provider of ROI-driven custom web and mobile development specializing in delivery of full-service, end-to-end solutions and project resources to Fortune 500 companies, SMEs and startups. We help our clients attack their ambitious business goals, solve skills shortage issues and become innovative by building Dedicated Software Development Teams in Ukraine and/or providing on-demand IT project resources to complete required skills on their in-house teams.
Our primary goal in partnering with our clients is to exceed their expectations and foster an ongoing relationship that envelopes innovation, industry leadership and business strategy while delivering products that bring exceptional user experience, brand elevation and market dominance.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer passionate about infrastructure as code, automation, learning new technologies, and staying ahead of the game with a forward-thinking mindset.
Customer’s domain: provider between the medical services and the insurance companies.
The customer is revolutionizing billing and payment processing for workers’ compensation, property & casualty, and group health sectors. Their products streamline billing, enhance payment cycles, and reduce operational costs.
They are a trusted technology partner for leading insurance firms, claims software providers, managed care networks, and clearinghouses. Offering eBilling, eRemittance, ePayment, eAdjustor, and eProvider Gateways, their flexible suite ensures compliance with evolving electronic billing standards. Renowned for deep industry expertise, they actively contribute to legislative and standards organizations. Their expansive network connects 5,000+ insurance payers with 1,500,000 providers nationwide.
- BA or BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Computer Engineering, or 7+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with Linux, Apache, Java, RabbitMQ, Oracle, and a cloud-based infrastructure — AWS. Certification is a desired plus.
- Excellent automation scripting using Ruby, PHP, Perl, or Python.
- Ability to analyze work processes and procedures for improvement opportunities and automation.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Perfect verbal and written communications as well as effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles.
- Understanding of existing and emerging application software technologies.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of computer systems design and architecture with an underlying understanding of the integration of systems hardware, software, databases, and networks.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Work with Architecture in designing software, DEV in building and testing software, and with OPS in deploying and maintaining software.
- Constantly strive to strengthen the knowledge and communications between the DEV and OPS departments to increase the overall efficiencies of product releases.
- Identify manual processes that can be automated and work to automate them using appropriate tools.
- Utilize scripting programs such as Ruby, PHP, Pearl, or Python to accomplish automation.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and a constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline).
- Deploy and utilize CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Ansible.
- Maintain, optimize, and improve the cloud infrastructure.
- Review, verify, and validate the software code that is being developed as it relates to running in production.
- Measure application performance against expected SLAs and evaluate trends using KPIs.
- Troubleshoot and work with DEV engineers to fix code defects as well as optimize performance of the applications.
- Monitor the entire SDLC for adherence to standards and create new processes for improvement and minimizing waste.
- Coordinate and proactively communicate both internally and externally.
- Competitive compensation based on your skills, experience, and customer satisfaction;
- Opportunity to work on challenging and exciting international projects;
- Flexible working hours and work remotely;
- Regular performance evaluation twice a year;
- Long-term contract with 20-25 paid time off working days (for vacation, sick, and personal leave);
- Corporate English courses from A1 to C1 level and monthly English-speaking clubs;
- Compensation of professional conference attendance according to the corporate policy;
- Compensation of medical insurance/gym according to the corporate policy;
- Casual, friendly, and family work environment, flat organizational structure;
- Newborn and wedding bonuses.